Posts tagged: Corporations
Trickle down economics.
- The prison system in the United States is a profit-making industry. Private corporations operate over 200 facilities nationwide and are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. (The video on this page that is titled “Some believe the War on Drugs is a profit-based conspiracy”)
- Six corporations control virtually all American media. News Corp. owns over 27 television stations and over 150 newspapers. Time Warner has over 100 subsidaries including CNN, Time Magazine, and The CW. (My special report called “America’s new generation of robber-barrons and captains of industry” as well as this site and this site that go into detail on the issue)
- The FBI admits to infiltrating & disrupting peaceful political groups in the United States. The Women’s and Civil Rights movements were among those targeted, with their members being beaten, imprisoned, and assassinated. (This blogpost and this post explain this in detail.
- In 1977 it was revealed that random American citizens were abducted & tortured for research by the CIA. Project MK Ultra was the code name for a series of covert activities in the early 1950’s. (A video about the violations of human rights on youtube)
- A plan to attack American cities to justify war with Cuba was approved by the Joint Chiefs of Staff in 1962. Rejected by President Kennedy, Operation Northwoods remained classified for 35 years. (An in-depth article on this subject and one on an educational site)
This website is dedicated to spreading five pieces of factual information (along with complete explanations and sources). It’s got a very simple, easily navigated layout and the URL is simple to remember. Spread it around, if you don’t mind- if everyone knew these things maybe we have a lot less blind nationalism and a lot more calls for accountability.
I’ll spread it around. I am spreading it around just by posting it on this blog. I have bolded important points and provided links that relate to every of the 6 points.
^^ Always reblog #RealTalk & #Truth
“The American people get it…They understand that serious, responsible deficit reduction requires SHARED SACRIFICE…It is INSANE to be talking about deficit reduction, as my republican friends do on one hand, and then say, ‘Oh Yes! We have got to give hundreds and hundreds of billions of dollars in tax breaks to the top 1%, the top 2%.’ when those guys are doing phenomenally well.” - Bernie Sanders
We’re recalling Wisconsin State Senators today, tumblr. I can’t quite explain the atmosphere in Wisconsin today. People are FIRED up. Not only is Wisconsin creating state history, but United States history. This has been and I’m sure will continue to be an interesting process to witness.
I’d appreciate it if anyone who knows individuals in Wisconsin would pass this link on. This is your fight too. We rise and fall in this country as one.
Please make a stand and put the government in the hands of the proletariat and not in the pockets of corporate greed and power. We have a duty as citizens of this great nation to question the status quo, and to stand up to what we feel is wrong. Please click on the link above and sign the petition to recall the senators that are supporting Walker’s Bill. This is outrageous. EVERYONE SHOULD BE ENRAGED!